ren·o·vate (v): to restore to good condition; make new or as if new again; reinvigorate; refresh; revive
Studio RED Architects has set the standard for renovation, conversions and re-purposing of buildings to make them function optimally for new users, the owners and the community. Studio RED has shown the way to successful renovation, restoration and repositioning through design innovation, respect for history and economic solutions.
Principal Bill Neuhaus, FAIA, LEED® AP led these notable renovation projects:
- City of Houston Central Permit Center: Conversion of a 5-story rice storage warehouse into the Central Permitting Office and Green Resource Center for the City of Houston
- John P McGovern Medical Campus: Conversion of the Nabisco Bakery into medical offices and research/teaching laboratories for the Texas Medical Center
- Rice University President’s House
Partners at Studio RED have completed the following renovations:
- Harris County Jail: Conversion and expansion of a dry storage warehouse into the Harris County Jail
- Elder Street Artist Lofts – conversion of 1930’s Jefferson Davis Hospital
- New Regional Planning Offices – 2009 AIA Design Award for Renovation
- Lakewood Church: Conversion and expansion of the Compaq Center into Lakewood Church
- Memorial City Mall: Renovation and repositioning of Memorial City Mall to attract new tenants and customers
Studio RED recognizes reuse and redevelopment as one of the most sustainable acts a design team undertakes.