Studio RED is an award-winning architecture firm, created in 2004 by a group of industry veterans who are passionate about architecture that is resourceful, inspired, and boundless. Driven by the needs of clients rather than egos, the Studio RED team works hard to provide exceptional service and deliver successful projects. Principal-level involvement, smart design solutions and efficient project delivery are standard. With offices in Houston and Denver, the team specializes in cultural arts, community, worship, commercial, hospitality, renovation, residential, civic, healthcare, planning, and education projects.
We are seeking a Project Designer/Project Architect level professional (licensed/non-licensed) for our Denver office. The successful candidate will ideally have 3+ years of architectural experience. This role will be responsible for leading the technical, and production aspects of the project team through to successful production of deliverables. Applies sound and diverse knowledge of architectural principles and practices. Can act independently regarding architectural methods and complexities.
What you will be doing:
- Integrate your design and technical skills and expertise to deliver fully coordinated construction document sets through a team-based approach.
- Be responsible for the development and coordination of drawings and specifications, code and agency compliance building performance and constructability with an understanding of related cost.
- Communicate the technical implications of design decisions to the team and client.
- Coordinate directly with clients, project consultants, and local jurisdictions to develop full and coordinated construction documents and specifications.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills by using critical thinking to evaluate problems, alerting others to potential problems in a timely manner.
What we provide:
- Family-first firm culture
- Numerous project types that allow you to find & follow your passion
- Study materials for licensure
- Full benefits + Optional 401k plan
- Co-working office with kitchen space, free gym/yoga classes
- Flexible schedule including ½ day Fridays
- Flexible remote/in-person work
What we’re looking for:
- Professional degree (bachelor’s or higher) in architecture
- 3+ years of overall industry experience, preferred.
- Has strong design and architecture sensibilities and can participate in design reviews and design continuity throughout the life of a project.
- Capable of working well with others on the team
- Proficiency in Revit Architecture required.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including clear and concise communication, active listening and observation as well as seek understanding of others’ points of view looking at verbal and non-verbal cues to encourage open and honest discussions